My research topics include the study of the structure of social networks and communities, methods for identifying communities in networks, and predicting missing links in networks. I am also interested in interesting applications of these problems, including topics in computational sustainability. Among other things...
- When are two networks similar?
- What do real communities in real networks look like?
- Which theoretical definitions of "community" best characterize actual communities?
- How can we locate such communities using only the structure of the network?
- How can these communities be used to predict missing links in the network?
- How do communities grow and change over time?
- What are different classes of networks (social, product, other) and communities?